Kevin Corr grew up in San Jose, and ever since he was a kid, he always had a fascination with mold. I jest, of course! He didn’t come to mold – the mold came to him. Kevin is an entrepreneur, and the owner of Applied Real Estate Inspections – a Bay Area mold inspection company. Mold is a hot topic for many homeowners, and for anyone who’s ever had a water leak, they’ll tell you – it’s a tricky problem!
We talked about a great many subjects in this podcast episode:
- How Kevin got into the mold inspection business?
- How mold gets started and what mold needs to thrive.
- Why people seem get so freaked out about mold.
- Why there are no federal standards regarding safe levels of various molds.
- The worst areas in Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, and Monterey for mold issues.
- The kinds of houses that tend to have mold issues.
- The difference between mold and mildew.
- If a “musty” smell indicative of mold in a house.
- Can mold migrate from one area to others in a house?
- The worst mold case he’s ever seen
- Easy home remedies or do-it-yourself resources for mold abatement